This is the latest Mobilink Update: on the Relief efforts for Swat IDPs. I personally recommend it as highly reliable and effective. This effort is open to all Mobilink Employees, all Mobilink Customers and anyone anywhere who wants to contribute.
This effort is verified by the blog admin.
---------------------------------------------Beginning on May 15, the Mobilink family led by the efforts of the Security teams has united to provide relief for over 500 destitute families. Our security teams have reached the furthest villages of Parmuli Village, Mir Ali Village, Ghulama and Sang Bhatti.in Swabi, bordering Buner. This is indeed an achievement that requires a special acknowledgement to the efforts of our brave security team members who have reached locations where at present there is no other NGO or government assistance.
The spirit of giving is very much alive at Mobilink. However, lot more needs to be done still. As the influx of IDPs increases with every passing day, Mobilink continues to play a vital role in providing aid and support to a large number of families. The number of Displaced People has reached 1.4 million recently displaced from the Swat region join a further 550,000 Pakistanis uprooted by fighting since last August, boosting the total number to 2.1 million making this a number more daunting than the affectees of the earthquake in 2005. We need to multiply our efforts if we are to make an impact in the lives of these Pakistanis.
Collection Summary to Date:
Through HR Fund for salary contributions (voluntary based on the employees' consent) - Rs. 2,000,000
Through Collection Points set up nationwide:
Cash: Approx. Rs. 400,000
40 cartons of food, 50 kg sugar, 5 x 20 kg wheat,
Cash: Approx. Rs. 500,000
Cash: Approx. Rs. 50,000
If you have not contributed yet or would like to help more, you can donate in any of the following ways:
· Through our nationwide collection camps managed by the Security team are located at the following addresses, these are open to any member of public who wants to contribute.
- Karachi NTO Building, near Nursery Stop, Shahrah e Faisal
- Lahore Mobilink House, 5 P Gulberg II Lahore
- Islamabad Mobilink House, 1-A Kohistan Road, F-8 Markaz
- Faisalabad Building # 1298/B, People Colony Near Saleemi Chowk Satyana Road
- Multan Mobilink House, 60 Bridge Lane, LMQ Road Near Kutchery Road
- Quetta Global Center Opposite Police Line Gulistan Road, Quetta.
- Sukkur Mobilink Office near Islamic Science College, Minara Road
- Peshawar Mobilink House, near Shiraz Gathering, University Road
· Through Mobilink Foundation Torchbearers
Arshad Hamid 0301-8561769
Syed Jamal Pasha 0300-8155678
Humayun Majeed Janjua 0300-8433797
Kamran Ahmed Ansari 0300-8281316
· Through the Mobilink Salary Relief URL, (only for employees) which will remain active until the end of June 2009. Please commit as much as possible as these funds are being made available by HR and Finance for use immediately even though deductions will be processed at the end of the month to your salary account at the end of the month.
Lets once again look deep into our hearts and pockets and continue reaching out to those who require our help in reshaping their lives for the better. Remember, for those who have nothing, not even shoes on their feet, every rupee counts.